xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Suggested patches for resolver: Windows driver-letter paths and resolveSystem() and <uri>
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 04:49:24 GMT
Hi Earl,

The change you're suggesting to resolveSystem() would break compatibility.
It also doesn't fit with the semantics of the method though I'm sure you
knew that before you suggested it. Any user of the resolver already has the
power to call resolveURI() after resolveSystem() if they choose to or make
any other sequence of calls they want on the Catalog. Have you considered
asking the Ant developers to modify the behaviour of the <schemavalidate>
task or provide some way to tune it?

As for your Windows drive letter patch you should attach that to a Bugzilla
issue [1]. A warning though ... No one has been maintaining the codebase
these days so can't say when that would get reviewed or committed. Probably
going to take a developer with an itch to scratch to get things moving
again.

Thanks.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

Michael Glavassevich