xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Seelbach <tom.seelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Is the Arbortext release of Java Catalog code and README still available?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 19:22:45 GMT
Hi,
In the NOTICE-resolver.txt for xml-commons-resolver 1.2 it says:
   Portions of this code are derived from classes placed in the
   public domain by Arbortext on 10 Apr 2000. See:

http://www.arbortext.com/customer_support/updates_and_technical_notes/catalogs/docs/README.htm

But the arbortext website is gone. (They were bought by PTC in 2005)
   http://www.ptc.com/support/arbortext.htm

Is  the above  README still available somewhere? Would be great if there
were a copy in svn....  If not  can someone send me a copy?

In Norman Walsh's  article from 04 Apr 2000:
   http://xml.coverpages.org/walshSystemsIDsNewURL.html

he writes:
"Using Catalog files became a lot easier earlier this month when
Arbortext released its Java Catalog classes to the XML community. Using
these classes, it's simple to add Catalog support to your favorite Java
parser. (Equivalent support for parsers in other languages should be
fairly easy to construct from the free and Open Source of the Java
classes, although Arbortext has no immediate plans to undertake this
effort.)"

"You can download the classes
<http://www.arbortext.com/Customer_Support/Updates_and_Technical_Notes/java_form.html>

(http://www.arbortext.com/Customer_Support/Updates_and_Technical_Notes/java_form.html)

or view the JavaDoc API Documentation
<http://www.arbortext.com/customer_support/updates_and_technical_notes/catalogs/docs/api/>

online. You can also read Arbortext's press release
<http://www.arbortext.com/News_and_Events/recent_news_pages/Recent_12/recent_12.html>

(http://www.arbortext.com/News_and_Events/recent_news_pages/Recent_12/recent_12.html
) about the code."

Are these classes, javadoc, or the press release still available
somewhere?  If  not  can someone send me a copy?

(  This message contains looks like it contains a subset of the
README...  http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200004/msg00135.html  )

thank you!
Tom