xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David M Williams <david_willi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject And, one question about the future
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 06:58:39 GMT
My question about "the future" is what the plan or goal for making
xml-apis "match" what ever is in a particular version of JRE's?

I know in 1.3, they sure didn't, in 1.4, they were close, but not quite,
and there were differences between IBM's and Sun's (not sure about
others).

And ... not sure about 1.5 ... maybe they match exactly?

So, my question is, is there a real efffort to be sure they match exactly
for any particular future generation of JRE's, or,
is it a deliberate plan to allow your selves the flexibility to differ
from current JRE's, so you can, if desired, get a "head start" ,
so to speak, on new specs?

Again, any insights welcome.