xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems building the resolver documentation
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:28:49 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> The DocBook stylesheets don't seem to be in SVN, no. I have a local
> install and when I adjust the path in src/documentation/sitemap.xmap, it
> works for me.

I think that Norm recently tweaked the build system so that
it doesn't need Forrest to build that Resolver article document
when building the resolver distribution.
See java/resolver.xml

However it still needs the person running the build to install
the DocBook XSL on their local system. See notes in the build file.
Too big to add in to our SVN for such a limited use.

> Another trick is to set the URL in sitemap.xmap to
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/docbook.xsl
> (which loads it directly from the Internet) :-)
>
> Obviously, that's not optimal. I saw that in Forrest 0.8, they have a
> "Simplified Docbook" Plug-in, but since I'm still working with the 0.7
> branch I haven't tried it, yet. Maybe that would help and could even
> integrate the pages directly within the Forrest site structure. Maybe
> one of the Forrest people here (David?) has a good idea here. Adding the
> DocBook stylesheets to SVN could, of course, be an option but the XHTML
> variant alone uses up 1MB. Not sure what to do here.

I would not recommend doing that. That plugin is too basic.
That is why i set up the Forrest for xml-commons to not
use that.

-David