xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Problems building the resolver documentation
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:01:09 GMT
The DocBook stylesheets don't seem to be in SVN, no. I have a local
install and when I adjust the path in src/documentation/sitemap.xmap, it
works for me.

Another trick is to set the URL in sitemap.xmap to
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/docbook.xsl
(which loads it directly from the Internet) :-)

Obviously, that's not optimal. I saw that in Forrest 0.8, they have a
"Simplified Docbook" Plug-in, but since I'm still working with the 0.7
branch I haven't tried it, yet. Maybe that would help and could even
integrate the pages directly within the Forrest site structure. Maybe
one of the Forrest people here (David?) has a good idea here. Adding the
DocBook stylesheets to SVN could, of course, be an option but the XHTML
variant alone uses up 1MB. Not sure what to do here.

DocBook Download:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21935#files

On 20.11.2006 02:58:04 Michael Glavassevich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried doing a complete build of the resolver distribution yesterday and
> got the following errors:
>
> htmldocs:
>      [echo] Building docs for xml-commons-resolver ...
>      [java] (Location of error unknown)XSLT Error
> (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\eclipse3.2.0\eclipse\workspace\docbook\html\docbook.xsl (The system
> cannot find the path specified)
>      [java] Java Result: -1
>      [java] Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
>      [java] (Location of error unknown)XSLT Error
> (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\eclipse3.2.0\eclipse\workspace\docbook\html\docbook.xsl (The system
> cannot find the path specified)
>      [java] Java Result: -1
>
> Obviously I'm missing docbook.xsl, though I can't seem to find it in SVN.
> There's a comment within the 'htmldocs' target which says: "Note: The docs
> are built in two ways until we stabilise the doc generation. Both ways
> have system-specific pathnames, so both may bust on your system." Has
> anyone managed to build the HTML docs successfully?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michael Glavassevich
> XML Parser Development
> IBM Toronto Lab