xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject new xmlcommons and resolver release?
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 15:03:44 GMT

I'm wondering if a new release of xmlcommons can be expedited to
allow the upcoming Xerces-2.8.1 release to include it in its distribution?

My special interest is xmlcommons-resolver, which I supplied patches
for and Norm Walsh applied.  The current release is totally
non-functional in its support for the legacy XCatalog standard.  I
have a project that continues to use XCatalog and obtained that
support from Xerces1.  However, we are moving to Xerces2, so that
support must come from xmlcommons-resolver.  I've built the latest
source from SVN that includes my patches, and XCatalog support works
beautifully!  Now I just need to get an official release available
for users.  I'd like to be able to say, "just download Xerces-2.8.1
and use the xercesImpl.jar, xml-apis.jar, and resolver.jar
provided".  Otherwise I have to provide custom builds and that is
simply not acceptable for some.

Besides this, I believe there have been other changes made to the
source repository and there hasn't been a release for quite a
while.  It would be nice to have a release that's up-to-date.

Thanks!

Jake