xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: File URLs will be the death of me
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 07:33:22 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Norman Walsh wrote:
> >
> > Could you try the patch I provided? I believe that I've plugged that
> > hole. But I've also believed that before.
>
> At Apache Forrest i upgraded our resolver.jar to use
> the current xml-commons trunk (r395116). Fine for UNIX.
> I asked our Windows users to test and yes, all is well.
> However, we don't specifically use "user.dir" so i suppose
> that we are just reporting that the new patch didn't break
> other functionality.

I spoke too soon.

Now i don't know if this is related to the "file:" URLs stuff,
but we are actually having problems at Apache Forrest.

We were using a svn trunk version of resolver (r292853) and that
was working okay. After the recent "file:" and other changes
we tried the current version (r395116).

This works okay on UNIX for both situations: via Cocoon
and via Ant (xmlvalidate/xmlcatalog external).

However on Windows it is okay via Cocoon, but broken via Ant.

There are details and example logfiles at
"Use by Ant of newer catalog entity resolver failing for Windows"
There is a summary at the "Comment 03/Jul/06 ".

-David