xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mitchell, Sara" <samitch...@paypal.com>
Subject Support for external catalog files for Resolver 1.1?
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 01:07:23 GMT
I'm trying to use Resolver 1.1 from Ant with Xalan-j 2.7.0, so this may
be an Ant problem or a Xalan problem.

The Xalan docs say that 2.7 supports URIRESOLVER and the Resolver 1.1
docs say that this is what is needed.

Ant docs say that an external catalog can be used as long as the
resolver jar is defined in the classpath.

So, I set this up (I hope correctly), but still get a warning from Ant
that external catalog files will be ignored:

1.	Downloaded XML Commons resolver and put this in the source tree
relative to the build.xml file
2.	Added resolver.jar to the classpath (using a <classpath> task in
Ant)
3.	Created an external XML catalog file using the OASIS standard
with simple <public> elements.
4.	Added <xmlcatalog> definitions in build.xml

	<xmlcatalog id="all.xmlcatalogs">
	            <catalogpath>

                              <pathelement
location="${basedir}${file.separator}PPcatalog.xml"/>

                  </catalogpath>

</xmlcatalog>

5.	Added <xmlcatalog refid="all.xmlcatalogs"/> in ant <xslt>
targets.

Is my set up wrong? I'm stumped about what else to try.

Sara Mitchell