xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Zongaro <zong...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]: Upgrade XML Commons External to JAXP 1.4
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:46:19 GMT
Hi, Michael.

Michael Glavassevich/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2006-03-28 05:45:11 PM:
> With the JAXP 1.4 specification nearing finalization I propose that the
> main trunk of XML Commons External be upgraded to JAXP 1.4 and a branch
be
> created for maintenance of JAXP 1.3 (which is what is currently on the
> main trunk).

     I probably ought to know the answer to this, but are there any
changes to APIs that would break the Xalan-J GUMP build - for instance,
new abstract methods on classes in the transform or xpath packages that
Xalan-J's implementation classes fail to implement?

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com