xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]: Upgrade XML Commons External to JAXP 1.4
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:13:31 GMT
Hi Henry,

Henry Zongaro/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 03/31/2006 03:46:19 PM:

> Hi, Michael.
>
> Michael Glavassevich/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2006-03-28 05:45:11 PM:
> > With the JAXP 1.4 specification nearing finalization I propose that
the
> > main trunk of XML Commons External be upgraded to JAXP 1.4 and a
branch
> be
> > created for maintenance of JAXP 1.3 (which is what is currently on the

> > main trunk).
>
>      I probably ought to know the answer to this, but are there any
> changes to APIs that would break the Xalan-J GUMP build - for instance,
> new abstract methods on classes in the transform or xpath packages that
> Xalan-J's implementation classes fail to implement?

No. The only (signature) changes to existing classes in the
transform/xpath packages are the addition of static newInstance(String,
ClassLoader) methods to TransformerFactory and XPathFactory.
newInstance(String, ClassLoader) methods were also added to
DocumentBuilderFactory, SAXParserFactory, SchemaFactory and
DatatypeFactory.

> Thanks,
>
> Henry
> Henry Zongaro      Xalan development
> IBM SWS Toronto Lab   T/L 969-6044;  Phone +1 905 413-6044
> mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development