xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple catalog files with apache xml common resolver in apache xerces
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:50:48 GMT
Andreas Grund wrote:

> I use the apache xerces parser to parse a great xml-file. This xml file is splitted in
serveral sub-files, which each has an individuel public id. This id is resolved to the file
name using the org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver class. As long as I use just
one catalog file to resolve the public id, everythings works fine. But now I have to use multiple
catalog files to resolve the public id. And there is the problem, I do not get the CatalogResolver
to resolve all public ids found in one of the given catalog files. Is there any support for
doing so or do I have to implement an own CatalogResolver, which can work with multiple catalog
files?

> Thanks for your help.

Are you looking for the "nextCatalog" ... "This allows one catalog to refer to another."

http://xml.apache.org/commons/components/resolver/

-David