xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Venkata Subbarao" <ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Regarding XCatalog loading using Xerces2.7.0
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:41:21 GMT
Hi all

       I am upgrading my application from Xerces 1.4.4 to Xerces 2.7. 0. As
part of that I am using XML Commons for Catalog reslovers  (because Xerces
2.7.0 is not providing API to load the XML Catalog). Previously my
application support XCatalogs (by using "org.apache.
xerces.readers.XCatalog" loading the catalogs) and I want to make
the upgrading application also supports XCatalogs.

The XCatalog file looks like

<XCatalog Version = "1.0">
        <Remap SystemID = http://www.bbc.co.
uk1/syndication/feeds/news/rss-0.91.dtd HRef = "file:/E:
/Repackage/rss-0.91.dtd" />
</XCatalog>

I am trying to load the above file by using XML Commons and unable  to load.
But I wrote the equal "oasis" catalog file and able to load it.

The XCatalog file looks like
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
      <system
systemId=http://www.bbc.co.uk1/syndication/feeds/news/rss-0.91.dtd
uri="./rss-0.91.dtd"/>
</catalog>

Is there any way to load the XCatalogs using XML Commons?

Thanks,
chvsr