xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Subbarao Cheekatimarla <chvs...@gmail.com>
Subject Need help on XCatalog
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:35:56 GMT
Hi all

 I am upgrading my application from Xerces 1.4.4 to Xerces 2.7.0. As part of
that I am using XML Commons for Catalog reslovers (because Xerces 2.7.0 is
not providing API to load the XML Catalog). Previously my application
support XCatalogs (by using "org.apache.xerces.readers.XCatalog" loading the
catalogs) and I want to make the upgrading application also supports
XCatalogs.

The XCatalog file looks like
<XCatalog Version = "1.0">
<Remap SystemID =
http://www.bbc.co.uk1/syndication/feeds/news/rss-0.91.dtdHRef =
"file:/E:/Repackage/rss-
0.91.dtd" />
</XCatalog>

I am trying to load the above file by using XML Commons and unable to load.
But I wrote the equal "oasis" catalog file and able to load it.

The XCatalog file looks like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
 <system systemId=http://www.bbc.co.uk1/syndication/feeds/news/rss-0.91.dtd
uri="./rss-0.91.dtd"/>
</catalog>

Is there any way to load the XCatalogs using XML Commons?

Thanks,
chvsr