xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Additional W3C APIs in XML Commons External?
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 06:35:33 GMT

On 24.06.2005 21:37:15 Shane Curcuru wrote:
> Sure, sounds fine.  Please be sure to post your specific plan for
> checking this stuff into the repository (exact directories, legal
> issues, likely integration issues) to the list well before you actually
> commit, so folks have chance to comment on it.

Will do.

> - These should be under /external in their own subdirs.

Subdirs or packages? You mean the latter, right. Just to be clear.
Packages also means Subdirs, but Subdirs could also mean
"/external/svg/src" and "/external/sac/src".

> - Be sure to checkin the correct NOTICE / LICENSE s for each of them,
> including some clear README or the like that points to where the
> 'official' sources of these standards are.

We'll follow the example of LICENSE.sax.txt, etc. That's what you mean,
right?

> - Definitely package them into a separate jar.   I can't tell if one jar
> or separate jars for these is correct, as long as it's not part of
> xml-apis.jar

That's ok. We've already talked about that.

> - Once it's all in we should make a beta or preview unofficial release
> of just these packages to test out how other projects will integrate
> this code.

AFAIK Batik and FOP are the only projects using these dependencies. At
any rate, we will check compatibility with the normal xml-apis.jar.

Jeremias Maerki