xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Neil Graham <ne...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: CVS Resolver supports XML Catalogs 1.1
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 12:27:56 GMT
Thanks David,

This looks to me exactly like the right thing to do.

Cheers!
Neil
Neil Graham
Manager, XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

David Crossley <crossley@apache.org>
05/06/2005 01:13 AM

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
cc
commons-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject
Re: CVS Resolver supports XML Catalogs 1.1

Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Neil Graham was heard to say:
> |
> | Of the various components of xml-commons, I know Xerces-J only uses
> | Resolver and XML-APIS at the moment; we don't use which, for instance.
> | think Xalan-J only uses XML-APIS.  So it seems to me like it would
make
> | sense to make the components as autonomous as possible; if you only
need
> | XML-APIS, for instance, you should not need to carry around a NOTICES
file
> | about public-domain material from Arbortext.
> |
> | So I'd suggest we establish separate NOTIZCES files for each of the
> | subcomponents from the start.
>
> Tell me where you want the notices file and I'll be happy to move the
> notice to there.

I gather that the NOTICES file needs to go at the top-level of
the distribution beside the LICENSE file.

I added a file at java/src/org/apache/xml/resolver/NOTICE-resolver.txt

--David