xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Walsh <...@nwalsh.com>
Subject Re: failure of new entity resolver on some OS
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 21:23:35 GMT
/ George Cristian Bina <george@sync.ro> was heard to say:
| The problem is that a file URL needs to either specify no host or
| specify it as empty, that is you can have either
| file:/path
| or
| file:///path
| Otherwise if you write file://c:/etc then c will be interpreated as
| host and thus the unknown host exception.

Bleh. Ok, I'll go through the code and take steps to make sure that
the file:// form isn't generated where base URIs and catalog file
names are manipulated.

I'm on vacation[1] starting, well, to be honest, as soon as I hit send
on this message :-), so I won't be able to commit any fixes before
19/20 May. Sorry for the delay.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

[1] http://norman.walsh.name/2005/itinerary/05-09-vacation