xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Walsh <...@nwalsh.com>
Subject Re: failure of new entity resolver on some OS
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 20:15:14 GMT
/ David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> was heard to say:
| Here are the unsuccessful startup messages on Win ...
| (using Windows XP SP2 + Cygwin)

What is in your CatalogManager.properties file?

| ------
| Parse catalog:
| file:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.
| xcat
| file:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalo
| g.xcat
| Default BASE:
| file://D:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catal
| og.xcat

That looks really odd.

| Parse  text/plain catalog on input stream
| No CatalogReader for MIME type:  text/plain

Why is there an extra space in there? How did it decide the media type
was " text/plain"?

| When we revert to the old resolver.jar everything works
| on both platforms.

I can't reproduce the problems your experience, though I am
experiencing my own baffling problems.

C:\Documents and Settings\Norman Walsh\Java\tests\resolver>java -cp ..\..;..\..\
resolver.jar org.apache.xml.resolver.apps.xread test1.xml
Parse catalog: catalogs/main.catalog
Default BASE: file://C:/Documents and Settings/Norman Walsh/Java/tests/resolver/
catalogs/main.catalog
pcf: file://C:/Documents and Settings/Norman Walsh/Java/tests/resolver/catalogs/
main.catalog
java.net.UnknownHostException: C
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.ftp.FtpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.ftp.FtpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Sour
ce)
        at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xml.resolver.Catalog.parseCatalogFile(Unknown Source)

The "pcf:" debugging message above convinces me that I've got a file: URI
in a URL object and I called

  inStream = new DataInputStream(base.openStream());

and it failed with

java.net.UnknownHostException: C

which seems completely bogus to me.

Any Windows users out there have a clue?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm