xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: failure of new entity resolver on some OS
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 01:56:02 GMT
Norman Walsh wrote:
> / David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> was heard to say:
> | Here are the unsuccessful startup messages on Win ...
> | (using Windows XP SP2 + Cygwin)
>
> What is in your CatalogManager.properties file?

Not much at all. We load the main catalogs via programmatic
mechanisms when the app starts. We only have a CatalogManager.properties
file to silence the message about it not being found when the
parser starts.

Let me reinforce one major point. Everything worked beautifully
with the current release of the resolver. When we tried this
new version, a Windows user is now reporting these problems.

> | ------
> | Parse catalog:
> | file:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.
> | xcat
> | file:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalo
> | g.xcat
> | Default BASE:
> | file://D:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catal
> | og.xcat
>
> That looks really odd.

Yes. In that catalog.xcat we do not declare a "BASE". So perhaps
it is the construction of the "Default BASE" URI on Windows that
is failing. No such problems on UNIX.

As George said, it needs to be either
file:/D:/openSource/...
or
file:///D:/openSource/...

> | Parse  text/plain catalog on input stream
> | No CatalogReader for MIME type:  text/plain
>
> Why is there an extra space in there? How did it decide the media type
> was " text/plain"?

Dunno. Probably a side-effect of the broken URI.

> | When we revert to the old resolver.jar everything works
> | on both platforms.
>
> I can't reproduce the problems your experience, though I am
> experiencing my own baffling problems.

Your issues below sound very similar.

--David