xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: CVS Resolver supports XML Catalogs 1.1
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:30:06 GMT
On the subject of the 2.0 license, I noticed in a recent commit of the
resolver code [1] an attribution notice was added to the bottom of the
license text. Shouldn't this be placed in a NOTICE file rather than the
source code?

Thanks.

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-commons/java/src/org/apache/xml/resolver/Catalog.java?r1=1.14&r2=1.15&diff_format=h

David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote on 04/13/2005 11:24:39 PM:

> Norman Walsh wrote:
> > I don't know how often the Commons work is packaged up for release,
> > but I'd sure appreciate feedback from others about the stability of
> > the new code before it gets shipped off in a real release.
>
> XML Commons Resolver can be shipped separately.
> That is what we did with the 1.1 version. It can go out
> anytime that we are ready. While a bit of testing is
> happening, i will try to get the website updated so
> that we can document some of the new features and fixes.
>
> I just updated the old Apache License headers to be
> Apache License 2.0 and added some missing ones.
> It is a new requirement that all releases must be so.
>
> The new resolver is working nicely for me in
> my local version of Apache Forrest and i just
> committed the updated jar, so we will see how our
> other developers go with it.
>
> We are not using any new features yet of course.
> I am just saying that it works as a drop-in replacement
> for the previous version.
>
> --David

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development