xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawagu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Comments on the Xerces portions on the JAXP 1.3 donation
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:10:42 GMT
Neeraj Bajaj wrote:
> re: cutting these dependencies
>
> This should be possible because validator works on SAX stream. DOM -->
> SAX converter is required.
> Kohsuke, Do you want to add here ?

I agree that we just need DOM->SAX converter to get rid of the
dependency to the identity transformer, and we can certainly do so by
copying the relevant code from Xalan.

>>In addition there have been modifications made to both XNI and the XML
>>Schema API. Specifically a constructor and a method were added to
>>org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLInputSource which handle
>>javax.xml.transform.Source objects. org.apache.xerces.xs.XSTypeDefinition
>>was modified so that it also extends org.w3c.dom.TypeInfo. These changes
>>would make XNI dependent on JAXP and the XML Schema API on DOM Level 3.
>>Though minor changes have been made on occasion, XNI is more or less
>>final. The XML Schema API is a published API [3] which both Xerces-J and
>>Xerces-C++ support. Though it may be possible to make modifications to
>>both of these APIs in Xerces, it seems like the changes were made for
>>convenience and could be replaced without modifying XNI or the XML Schema
>>API.
 >
> Kohsuke do you have any opinion on this ?

If it can be replaced without modifying XNI or the XML Schema API, I
have no problem.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com