xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Holliday, Donald (LNG-CSP)" <Donald.Holli...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject RE: failure of new entity resolver on some OS
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:17:25 GMT
I think I'm missing something.  This is a Java tool yet for WinXP SP2 you
mention Cygwin.  How is the new resolver dependent on Cygwin?  What version
of the JRE is running on Windows?

Thanks,

Donald Holliday
(719) 481-7501 V
(800) 743-7393 x 7501 V
Donald.Holliday@LexisNexis.com

-----Original Message-----
From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2005 8:37 PM
To: commons-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: failure of new entity resolver on some OS

I recently added the new resolver to Apache Forrest.
It works beautifully on UNIX, but one of our developers
uses Win where it is a total failure.

Here are the messages when the resolver starts sucessfully
on UNIX ...

------
Parse catalog:
file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.xcat
file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.xcat
Default BASE:
file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.xcat
override: yes
OVERRIDE: yes
nextCatalog: catalog.forrest.xcat
CATALOG:
file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.forrest.xcat
nextCatalog: w3c-dtd/catalog.xcat
CATALOG:
file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/w3c-dtd/catalog.xcat
nextCatalog: docbook/catalog.xcat
CATALOG:
file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/docbook/catalog.xcat
nextCatalog: sdocbook/catalog.xcat
CATALOG:
file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/sdocbook/catalog.xcat
nextCatalog: open-office/catalog.xcat
CATALOG:
file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/open-office/catalog.xcat
------

Here are the unsuccessful startup messages on Win ...
(using Windows XP SP2 + Cygwin)

------
Parse catalog:
file:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.
xcat
file:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalo
g.xcat
file://D:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catal
og.xcat
Parse  text/plain catalog on input stream
No CatalogReader for MIME type:  text/plain
------

When we revert to the old resolver.jar everything works
on both platforms.

--David