xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject failure of new entity resolver on some OS
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 02:37:13 GMT
I recently added the new resolver to Apache Forrest.
It works beautifully on UNIX, but one of our developers
uses Win where it is a total failure.

Here are the messages when the resolver starts sucessfully
on UNIX ...

------
Parse catalog: file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.xcat
Default BASE: file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.xcat
override: yes
OVERRIDE: yes
nextCatalog: catalog.forrest.xcat
CATALOG: file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.forrest.xcat
nextCatalog: w3c-dtd/catalog.xcat
CATALOG: file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/w3c-dtd/catalog.xcat
nextCatalog: docbook/catalog.xcat
CATALOG: file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/docbook/catalog.xcat
nextCatalog: sdocbook/catalog.xcat
CATALOG: file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/sdocbook/catalog.xcat
nextCatalog: open-office/catalog.xcat
CATALOG: file:/svn/asf/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/open-office/catalog.xcat
------

Here are the unsuccessful startup messages on Win ...
(using Windows XP SP2 + Cygwin)

------
Parse catalog:
file:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.
xcat
file:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalo
g.xcat
Default BASE:
file://D:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catal
og.xcat
Parse  text/plain catalog on input stream
No CatalogReader for MIME type:  text/plain
------

When we revert to the old resolver.jar everything works
on both platforms.

--David