xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS Resolver supports XML Catalogs 1.1
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 03:59:50 GMT
Michael Glavassevich wrote:
> On the subject of the 2.0 license, I noticed in a recent commit of the
> resolver code [1] an attribution notice was added to the bottom of the
> license text. Shouldn't this be placed in a NOTICE file rather than the
> source code?

That is right Michael. I had actually started writing
a response wondering the same.

There are various products at xml-commons. Should they
all share the same NOTICE file. Anyway, we will start
with one and perhaps later we can split it.

I will start a NOTICE file at the top-level and people
can add as they see fit.

Norm can you please move to that.

See an example file at
http://www.apache.org/licenses/example-NOTICE.txt

How should this file be used? At Apache Forrest we have
only been adding to it when licensing conditions of the
supporting product require attribution.

--David