xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS Resolver supports XML Catalogs 1.1
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 03:24:39 GMT
Norman Walsh wrote:
> I don't know how often the Commons work is packaged up for release,
> but I'd sure appreciate feedback from others about the stability of
> the new code before it gets shipped off in a real release.

XML Commons Resolver can be shipped separately.
That is what we did with the 1.1 version. It can go out
anytime that we are ready. While a bit of testing is
happening, i will try to get the website updated so
that we can document some of the new features and fixes.

I just updated the old Apache License headers to be
Apache License 2.0 and added some missing ones.
It is a new requirement that all releases must be so.

The new resolver is working nicely for me in
my local version of Apache Forrest and i just
committed the updated jar, so we will see how our
other developers go with it.

We are not using any new features yet of course.
I am just saying that it works as a drop-in replacement
for the previous version.

--David