xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN migration (Was: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache)
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:49:02 GMT
Neil Graham wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > I was not intending that the two get tangled.
> > Either do the move before or after.
> >
> > Just that when "legal delays" were mentioned,
> > i thought that there would be plenty of time.
>
> Can we be optimistic and hope not?  :)

Okay then, just this once :-)

> > Afterwards is fine by me. I was responding to the
> > infrastructure@a.o request to consider moving soon.
>
> Guess this was only sent to folks subscribed to infrastructure@; I haven't
> seen it on any list I'm subscribed to anyway. ...

Not only infrastructure, here too. There were a couple of
mentions earlier in the initial thread. Here is one:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-commons-dev&m=109775743126537

I agree with your sentiment though - infra@ should
announce more widely the general desire to move to SVN.

> ... Good to know that they
> consider this set-up stable now; but if they really want to encourage
> projects to migrate, perhaps it might not be a bad idea to (a) let them
> know directly and (b) sell them on how worthwhile the pain will be.  I'm
> sure the pain's worthwhile from my perspective; I'd just rather wait until
> we're sure we're in a period of calm than embark on something now only to
> discover next week that things will get complicated.

We definitely do not want to risk holding up the
JAXP update.

--David