xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject SVN migration (Was: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache)
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:20:26 GMT
Neil Graham wrote:

> > So would this be an appropriate time to move the
> > xml-commons repository to SVN?
>
> Well, I don't know about you, but I generally prefer to ease my way into
> new software tools, rather than dive right into advanced usage.  So,
> speaking for myself, I'd prefer to wait for a period of calm, where the
> move to SVN would be the only change, rather than combine the move to SVN
> with an update to most of the code in the xml-commons repository and
> whatever tinkering with branches that this also might end up implying.

I was not intending that the two get tangled.
Either do the move before or after.

Just that when "legal delays" were mentioned,
i thought that there would be plenty of time.

Afterwards is fine by me. I was responding to the
infrastructure@a.o request to consider moving soon.

> I'd also be curious to know what proportion of Apache projects have
> migrated to SVN so far?  There would be a significantly higher amount of
> churn caused to the community by an SVN migration than was caused by our
> earlier Jira migration; so I'd prefer to go down a well-trod path than be
> on the bleeding edge in this particular instance.

Apache Forrest was one of the early ones to move.
The transition was a breeze and we love it now.
We are mainly using the trunk, with small experimental
branches which we merge early. Different to xml-commons.

--
David Crossley