xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From shane_curc...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: XMLUtils from Axis to xml commons. Good idea?
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 02:01:22 GMT
In principle, this sounds like a great idea.  In practice, it really
depends if the xml-commons community is willing to actively maintain the
code.  (of course, you or someone from Axis could come volunteer here....)
 The strength in Apache projects isn't code, it's community.

There is (or should be) some concern about how quiet the commons-dev list
has been lately.  I still hope to encourage more xalan and xerces
committers to come over here and figure out the best way to package and
document both xml-apis.jar as well as the other xml-related utilites we
have.

- Shane
(who really wants to code more here, but probably won't have time until
late August due to job pressures)