xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject [ANN]: XMLCatalog Support in Xerces
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:46:23 GMT
In the upcoming release of Xerces-J we are going to be including support
for OASIS XML Catalogs which will allow users to resolve locations for
their schemas (using their target namespaces), DTDs and other external
entities using a catalog.  The XML Commons resolver will be included with
the distribution and used by the parser to resolve URIs.  This is a
shorter version of the announcement I made on the Xerces mailing lists
last week [1].

As Xerces will now have some dependency on the resolver, we'll be willing
to fix some of its bugs (assuming it has any :-) ) and also possibly make
some enhancements.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xerces-j-dev&m=107428963522270&w=2

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development