xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Resolver 1.1 JRE compatibility
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:23:31 GMT
I presume you mean you want to use the Resolver with a JDK 1.2.2 version
(I'm guessing Sun's?)?  I would think it should work, but haven't tested
it.  I'll try to check resolver functionality later this week myself.

Note that as an all-volunteer organization, we don't often have a chance to
'certify' our products, sorry.  8-)

I just wiped my old machine that had the dev environment I built the
resolver with, but it should have been a 1.3 release (probably 1.3.1, from
IBM, although that shouldn't matter for user purposes.)  Doesn't the
manifest file in the resolver.jar itself say which JDK version it was built
with?  (I'll check once I have better networking).

Unfortunately I don't have the resources to cross-test Resolver with other
ASF projects; that's one area I'd love to see more volunteers from.  The
best idea would be to ask specific questions on the cocoon and forrest user
lists directly, to see how those communities use resolver.

(Thanks muchly David for responding and for reminding me to come back here!)

- Shane

---- you <Donald.Holliday@lexisnexis.com> wrote ----