xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Resolver 1.1 JRE compatibility
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 01:48:39 GMT
Holliday, Donald B. (LNG-CSP) wrote:
> I would like to use the resolver with 1.2.2 and later.

What is the release date of that? Sounds old.

> What does "recent" mean?  Do you know where I can find documentation for
> which versions of the JRE Cocoon and Forrest are certified against?

Cocoon made a decision a while back to only support 1.3+
but that is for other reasons, not the Resolver.

> Do you know where I can find documentation on which version of SDK
> resolver 1.1 is compiled with ...

There is no documentation about that (there should be).
I presume 1.3.1

Shane, the "release manager", might be listening and would
confirm that.

> ...and which versions of the JRE it is tested against?

No formal JDK testing is done.

Perhaps you will need to get the CVS source of xml-commons
and try building the Resolver package against 1.2 JVM?

If some answers turn up, then we will add an FAQ about this.

Sorry that i cannot help further, Perhaps someone more familiar
with the Resolver code will answer.

--David