xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject Catalog.properties
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:51:28 GMT

I have packaged my cocoon webapp as a war file in an ear.  I am running it
in weblogic 8.1. Whenever I deploy the webapp I get "Cannot find
Catalog.properties". The file is in WEB-INF/classes.  I have also tried
creating a jar and putting it in WEB-INF/lib, but I am still getting this
message.  It doesn't cause problems but I'd sure like to know why this
happens. I have looked at the xml-commons code and it seems pretty
straight-forward as it just does

      InputStream in =
CatalogManager.class.getResourceAsStream("/"+propertyFile);
      if (in==null) {
	if (!ignoreMissingProperties) {
	  System.err.println("Cannot find "+propertyFile);
	  // there's no reason to give this warning more than once
	  ignoreMissingProperties = true;
	}

I have looked for examples and the only thing I can come up with is
speculation that BEA doesn't all resources at the root level. Although I
can't find any documentation for that all their examples are either relative
or contain at least one subdirectory. I did find at least one other server
that does restrict that.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Ralph Goers