xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Commons confusion
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:07:35 GMT
I see the Apache Jakarta Commons project being referred to
as "Apache Commons" or even just plain "Commons". Then there
is the new "real" top-level Apache Commons project, whose home
page mentions the confusion between it and Apache Jakarta Commons.
but does not even mention Apache XML Commons.

This is not good for the visibility of the Apache XML Commons project.
Should XML Commons be re-named, or perhaps even merged with the new
Apache Commons?

By the way, Shane, Berin ... i added this topic to the StatusReport.
I hope that is okay without yet discussing it.

--David