xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sarah McNamara <mcnam...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Resolver component release 1.1 coming up
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:24:30 GMT

> Sorry about the Xalan issue: I was hoping someone from
> that team could comment.

I believe that Robert Koberg did bring the resolver issue over to the
xalan-dev list and opened bugzilla 23995 which was subsequently
returned as invalid and a user setup problem.   The problems had
already been fixed in the Xalan cvs repository.  A Xalan Java 2.5.2
is coming out imminently, so the fix will officially be available then.

Sarah McNamara

----- Forwarded by Sarah McNamara/Toronto/IBM on 10/29/2003 11:19 AM -----

                      Shane Curcuru

                      <shane_curcuru@ya        To:       commons-dev@xml.apache.org

                      hoo.com>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  Resolver component release 1.1 coming
up
                      10/28/2003 09:21

                      PM

Since we've had a Resolver beta 1.1b1 out for a while now with no
complaints, as soon as I have time I plan to bump the version number to 1.1

and make an official release.  I'll make sure there's both a Version class
available as well as sticking the version number in the jar manifest.

Any other comments/requests?  Hopefully the release will be at the
appropriate time for the Ant community to version-match with it for their
1.6 release.

Sorry about the Xalan issue: I was hoping someone from that team could
comment.  Resolver is just a pretty simple service provider: I think it's
up to the applications that use it to ensure the correct one gets plugged
into the right places (i.e. TransformerFactory vs. Transformers).  If I get

free time (ha!) I'll see if I can get someone else to look into it.

I'd love to get at least a simplistic Resolver automated test running, but
don't have time right now.

- Shane