xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sarah McNamara <mcnam...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject xml-apis.jar TCK testing and versioning?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:27:29 GMT

> Anyone worked on getting a proven-TCK-passing
> version of our xml-apis
The version in xml-commons tagged with Xerces-J_2_4_0 is a
proven-TCK-passing version of xml-apis.  The xml-apis.jar
corresponding to those tags can be taken from
xml-xerces/java/tools/xml-apis.jar (use tagged version
Xerces-J_2_4_0 of this just to be sure).

How about we put together a package that
represents this version and post it to the downloads
for xml-commons.  Since this was the original
tck compliant version for JAXP 1.2, we could
call the packages:
   xml-apis-jaxptck1.2.zip
   xml-apis-jaxptck1.2.tar.gz

Moving forward we want to publish from the latest in the
tck-jaxp-1_2_0 branch which contains the SAX 2.0.1
updates. This is also a proven-TCK-passing version
of xml-apis.   We would need to build an official binary for
this as none exists yet.  Before doing the package we
can update the Version.java file and manifest file
to reflect the version number of this build.

So, we could publish a second package,
   xml-apis-jaxptck1.2.01.zip
   xml-apis-jaxptck1.2.01.tar.gz

Sound good?

Sarah McNamara

                      Shane Curcuru

                      <shane_curcuru@ya        To:       commons-dev@xml.apache.org

                      hoo.com>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  xml-apis.jar TCK testing and versioning?

                      10/28/2003 09:24

                      PM

Anyone worked on getting a proven-TCK-passing version of our xml-apis
component so we can have a official versioned release of this that other
projects can incorporate?

Lacking that (I don't have the JAXP TCK setup myself), we should recommend
that other projects should just take the xml-apis.jar that's bundled with
either the Xalan or Xerces release they're using.  I'm thinking of the
upcoming Ant 1.6 here.

Oh: in terms of an xml-apis component version number, my best idea is a
multipart number based on the JAXP version number - since that's primarily
what xml-apis supports.  And we should try to count any previous
Xerces/Xalan releases as well, so our next likely xml-apis release would be

called 1.2.03 or something like that (1.2 since the branch we should use
supports the JAXP 1.2 TCK, and 03 since Xerces/Xalan have already shipped a

couple? of versions previously).  Comments or other ideas?

- Shane