xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject xml-apis.jar TCK testing and versioning?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:24:59 GMT
Anyone worked on getting a proven-TCK-passing version of our xml-apis
component so we can have a official versioned release of this that other
projects can incorporate?

Lacking that (I don't have the JAXP TCK setup myself), we should recommend
that other projects should just take the xml-apis.jar that's bundled with
either the Xalan or Xerces release they're using.  I'm thinking of the
upcoming Ant 1.6 here.

Oh: in terms of an xml-apis component version number, my best idea is a
multipart number based on the JAXP version number - since that's primarily
what xml-apis supports.  And we should try to count any previous
Xerces/Xalan releases as well, so our next likely xml-apis release would be
called 1.2.03 or something like that (1.2 since the branch we should use
supports the JAXP 1.2 TCK, and 03 since Xerces/Xalan have already shipped a
couple? of versions previously).  Comments or other ideas?

- Shane