xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: Re obsolete xml-apis.jar in ant1.6 [was ant1.6beta2]
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:54:14 GMT
Torsten Curdt dijo:
> Shane Curcuru wrote:
>> Dear Antites:
>> Yes, the xml-commons team is working on getting an official relase of
our external component, xml-apis.jar, which would be suitable for using
 in your 1.6 release.  (big thanks to Stefan for kicking me awake on
> So we Cocoon'ers are not at alone having troubles with the xml-apis.jar
from time to time :)

Did you see Torsten! This was not my fault! :-DDDD

I just copy the file, that was all. :-DDDD

> This might already have been brought up but what about adding a version
number to the xml-apis.jar? I guess we (at Cocoon) spend quite an amount
of time finding bugs that actually were nothing more than mismachted
xerces/xalan/xml-api jars.

I suggested this before. It is a so simple  solution, but here was a full
vagoon of new ideas on how improve this so we lose the main point:

"Add a release tag to the file".

> --
> Torsten

Best Regards,