xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject resolver 1.1 release?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:58:00 GMT
Hi,

you may remember me posting about a backwards incompatible code change
in resolver about 10 months ago, shortly after the 1.0 release.

After that we (the Ant developers) went on and patched Ant's CVS HEAD
so that it compiles against the CVS HEAD version of resolver but won't
work with the 1.0 release.  Now, finally the time for out first beta
release of Ant 1.6 is getting very close (i.e. next week).

Could you please release resolver 1.1 or at least a beta that we could
point people to?  If not, what is missing for a release?  Is there
anything we could do to help with it?

Without a release of resolver's current HEAD, we'd have to revert to
the 1.0 compatible code - which would mean that Ant 1.6 will not work
with any newer version of resolver once it gets released.

Personally I've been using a Gump built resolver.jar (i.e. CVS HEAD)
for many months now without ever seeing problems, but it doesn't get
used to heavily.

Cheers

        Stefan