xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [resolver] Question about resolving w3c Schemas
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2003 13:33:47 GMT
Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> I'm looking for a good example of a catalog xml file that resolves w3c
> schema's. I'm unsure about how to define such entries, is it similar to
> the stylesheet entry which uses the uri element?

I have often pondered this same thing. I found an old message in
the archive that is of some help. ... keen to see other answers.
--David

----------------
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-commons-dev&m=103834512322147
Subject: I can see the use of catalog resolver with DTD, but what about
schemas?
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002

/ edgardo.a.luzcando@verizon.com was heard to say:
| Does the current catalog resolver work with schemas?  I really could not
| find much on that.

The resolver provides a hook (URIResolver) that could (should! :-) be
called for all URIs, including those used to obtain schemas. This is
the same hook that is used, for example, to resolve stylesheet URIs in
XSLT (for xsl:include and xsl:import).

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm