xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: draft website for xml-commons using Forrest
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 15:38:13 GMT
Shane Curcuru wrote:
> Guys, you two ROCK!  These look great.
>
> David - I'd say +1 to going live anytime you have time.  This is far better
> than the cheesy structure I put on the website long ago.  Any nits can be
> picked at later.

Well +1 from me then too. I have overcome many of the issues
that we had. There are still a few license issues, but not too bad.
The new structure is still not ideal, but one step further.

If i don't hear any objections soon then i will go ahead.

> (For some reason, the nicely curved bottom border of the
> search area has an extra square bar of light blue under it)

Not sure. Damn the frilly bits. Seriously, i try to work it out.

> And any hints on how to rebuild the site... oh, I see they're in there
> already.  Great!

:-) I also have a build.txt description that i will commit to cvs
or perhaps i should just merge it into that howto web page. We'll see.

> Nicola - my +1 is for the first one: xml-commons-logo.gif  No need to try
> to stuff the graphics inside the <xml-isims>, just let it be a background.

That is interesting. The last time Nicola Ken presented the logos,
i said that i did not like the idea of the empty xml-commons element
and i loved the concept of a peace-pipe inside the commons.

Oh dear, what a dilemma - they are all good. How about i toss a coin?
We can always change it.

> - Shane
> (Mightily inspired to make some releases and move stuff to mirrored distros!)

I had better hurry then, to maintain momentum.

--David