xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [resolver] Problems parsing catalog.
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 08:05:10 GMT
Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> I'm hoping someone might be able to identify why this failure is
> occuring when I'm parsing my catalog.xml file, it seems to be trying to
> parse it as a text file...
>
> I've also included the catalog at the bottom of the page. Thanks for any
> pointers.

I have the same observation. However you are calling it, it seems to
try to load it as the older format (TR9401). Both types should work.
They do for us.

I wonder if it is your document type declaration. Can the parser find
that hard-coded DTD? The cvs version of resolver has its own inbuilt
knowledge of the "catalog" DTD to avoid a Catch-22.

--David