xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ias" <iasan...@apache-korea.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] javax.xml and javax.xml.namespace package to xml commons
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:36:56 GMT
As XML and Web services technologies fly like an arrow, classes and
interfaces are born to be used for you. What I want to propose now is about
some of them, javax.xml.XMLConstants, javax.xml.namespace.NamespaceContext
and javax.xml.namespace.QName.

As far as I'm concerned, Axis and JaxMe uses them in common. On the other
hand, they are going to be under the umbrella of JAXP 1.3 API, which is now
on the stage of community review. Actually JWSDP 1.2 from Sun turns out this
situation by containingg jax-qname.jar and namespace.jar inside its
distribution.

>From these facts, I'd like to suggest that xml-commons have these classes
(in java/external/src or somewhere else) and the other projects share the
codes. It will also help Xerces to implement JAXP 1.3 in near future.

At last, it would be great for me to work on that.

Thanks,

Ias

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
Ias (International name)
           Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
           Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
Senior Researcher, Emerging Technology Evangelist
JCP member - http://jcp.org/en/participation/members/L
R&D Institute
Tmax Soft, Inc.
JCP member - http://jcp.org/en/participation/members/T