xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From shane_curc...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Plans to add org.xml.sax.ext.{Attributes2,EntityResolver2,Locator2}?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:54:41 GMT
Good question.  Note that we now have activity in the external area
(DOM/JAXP/SAX stuff) in both the head and in the JAXP TCK-specific branch
(which must pass the Sun-supplied TCK test kit) which is what Xalan/Xerces
currently use.  I presume this would only go into the head for now, until
we can verify that it would pass the TCK.

Sorry for my absence, I'm in a new position and haven't had time to work
on commons stuff for a while.  We really need to have releases of each of
the components, especially the xml-apis stuff (we need to figure out how
to have separate HEAD and branch releases - any suggestions for useful
naming/numbering schemes?)

I was meaning to follow up on David's work on getting the forrestized docs
setup so that we can have separate releases of each component but have a
single website that includes all the docs together.  xml-commons is really
three releases now (well four: resolver, which, xml-apis-head and
xml-apis-tck) which we should be able to package and only have the
specific docs for each release in their zip files.

- Shane

---- <ndw@nwalsh.com> ----