xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [ANN] XInclude processor for xml-commons
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:12:52 GMT
shane_curcuru@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Is this coming from existing work in the cocoon community;

No. It was my eclipse training project.

> also are the
> cocoon folks behind this idea?

Not really, although I figured they'd rather have an Apache XInclude
processor rather than ERH's. The original idea was to make an XInclude
plugin for Xerces, prompted mainly by this post:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=104448876402937&w=2
but this turned out too much of a bite.

I'm from FOP BTW:
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/news.html#19+April+2002+-+New+Committers

> Any dependencies (I'm really hoping none other than xml-apis)?  Are you
> using the TRaX interfaces themselves, or just designing your own APIs?

Currently only SAX, and my own APIs (may be changed to fit).
The XPointer stuff from the REC is probably going to pull in
some stuff from Xalan or Xerces or both.

> xml-commons\java\src\org\apache\xml\xinclude
Ok

> Oh, and do you have basic docs,
Currently as text:
- Home/plan/vision