xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Smith <brian-l-sm...@uiowa.edu>
Subject Re: Resolver Library and Ant Task
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:23:46 GMT
Craeg Strong wrote:
> Hmm.  I am not sure if you are aware of it, but my patch that supports
> entity catalogs using the resolver library was just accepted into the Ant
> code base:

Yes, I noticed that when I was reading over the archives for this
mailing list. My XSLT task doesn't work the same was the current <style>
task; I created it to handle a specialized set of documentation. I
happened to use a different way (simpler) of handing catalogs), but also
there are other small differences. For example, it uses a mapper to map
from the source file name to the destination file name (instead of just
changing extensions). It passes some extra parameters to the stylesheet
that give the stylesheet path information for the source/destination
files that is helpful for my particular application. I might also add
the ability to do chained transformations if I ever have the need for them.

>>The current mechanism seems to require that the catalog files must be
>>parsed for each catalog they belong to (i.e. "someFile" and
>>"someOtherFile" would have to be parsed twice in the above example).
>
> Not sure about this one.  Are you talking about "nextCatalog" entries in the
> catalog files?

Similar to nextCatalog, but without requiring the creation of a "master"
catalog file for every set of catalogs that are to be used. Although
maybe it would be better to create these master catalog files, now that
I think about it...

- Brian