xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: "loader constraints violated"
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:21:44 GMT
First off: why in the world are you using jaxp.jar?  xml-apis.jar
should include everything you need for JAXP/DOM/SAX inside it, albeit
of possibly slightly different versions than an official jaxp.jar that
you get from a Sun distribution.

Also, I have had problems in the past when the .jars that were loaded
in build.bat/ant.bat somehow caused a conflict with the .jars that I
loaded in a <classpath... element.  I thought Ant was smart enough to
put the right .jars in whether they were loaded from the outside
CLASSPATH environment variable in the JVM or in a task's own classpath.
One solution was to have the <java> task do a fork into it's own JVM -
inefficient but effective.  I always meant to track the best solution
down here on ant-dev but never followed through.

Also note that a possible future plan would be to use the
org.apache.qetest testing framework for xml-commons testing, if people
were interested in a more feature-testing automation framework instead
of the completely unit-test-centric junit stuff.  Just a future idea.

=====
- Shane

<eof .sig="'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said,
in a very scornful tone, 'it means just what I
choose it to mean - neither more nor less'"
"Oohayu oyod?!"=gis. />