xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: draft website for xml-commons using Forrest
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 13:22:45 GMT
Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus wrote:
> ---- David Crossley <crossley@indexgeo.com.au> ----
> > I envisaged a "common" home page and some top-level docs,
> > then separate sections for each thing that is distributed.
>
> Yup, we'll definitely need some overviews about the project as a whole,
> and then separate sections for each distributable component.  Note you get
> bonus points if each component (i.e. java/resolver.xml) can have it's own
> set of subdocs that can get included in it's distribution.  (i.e. when
> Resolver ships, it should have all the resolver docs, plus perhaps a bonus
> page that describes the project it came from).   As some point we'll have
> to update some of the existing 'what is resolver' docs into the new
> structure too.

It seems that each component may need its own "forrest"
build, separate to the top-level "forrest".

I see another requirement. Some documents will be as
"docbook" DTD while others will be as "document-v11" DTD.
Forrest should be able to handle this mixture.

> > So will i go ahead and check-in to xml-commons CVS just the
> > xdocs part of things that i have now? Then Shane can modify
> > it directly.
>
> Sure, we can argue about whether to put it in xml-commons/. or in
> xml-commons/java/. later.

Okay, i have done an initial commit of the top-level
xdocs and the Forrest config files.

The demo website is also updated at
http://cvs.apache.org/~crossley/commons/

--David