xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From ne...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: JAXP 1.2
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:17:17 GMT
Hi Joe, Ted and all,

I know of at least a couple of groups in the Xerces community who run the
JAXP 1.2 TCK against it periodically.  So we're pretty clear where we stand
at the moment.  For the record, AFAIK, we're 100% viz. JAXP 1.1 and we've
got challenges in for all tests we don't currently pass for 1.2.    We
don't claim to implement 1.2 in our docs yet, so this should be kosher.

I believe there are folks in the Xalan community who run the TCK often as
well, especially when considering to upgrade the version of Xerces that
Xalan bundles.  No doubt Ilene or Henry could comment on that in more
detail, if they're watching this thread.

So things are moving along, if in a more piecemeal fashion than one might
like.  I think it's fair to say everybody in both communities would like to
get completely straight what API's we're implementing, and hopefully folks
will find more time in the fall to vformalize this a bit more clearly.

Cheers!
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

|         |           Joseph           |
|         |           Kesselman/Watson/|
|         |           IBM@IBMUS        |
|         |           09/16/2002 05:05 |
|         |           xerces-j-dev     |

xalan-dev@xml.apache.org                            |
  |       cc:
                                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: JAXP 1.2

Certainly Sun ran the JAXP TCK against Xalan before shipping Xalan with
their JVM.

I would hope we're continuing to run those tests periodically as part of
our regression suite, but I can't vouch for that since I've never looked
at the TCK per se. Similarly, I can't vouch for which version. Presumably
someone else will answer this one. (Shane? Dave?)