xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Libor Kramolis <Libor.Kramo...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JAXP 1.2
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:24:11 GMT
I am mainly looking for release transparency of versions of bundled
libraries, i.e. part-of-xml-apis in xerces release; xml-apis and xerces
in xalan release.

I never saw stable release of xml-commons and it is little bit confusing
to me, who develop it for and if it is a primary place for JAXP (and
also other things). I think there could be stable releases of JAXP 1.1
and JAXP 1.2. Available for everyone, any JAXP implementation (including
Xerces and Xalan).

Xerces release should bundle stable release of JAXP and there should be
information which version of JAXP it implements and which version of
xml-apis it bundles. I do not see any reason xerces should bundle
own/changed version of xml-apis -- it is not transparent.

Same to Xalan, I think its release should bundle stable release of JAXP
and Xerces and there should be information which version of JAXP it
implements and which version of JAXP and Xerces it bundles.

I hope it is possible to upgrade any part (xml-apis, xerces, xalan) by
new bug-fix release (minor release: x.y.A -> x.y.B) with no problems.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Libor

--