xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Libor Kramolis <Libor.Kramo...@Sun.COM>
Subject JAXP 1.2
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:49:01 GMT
Hello,

*commons*
I am little bit confused what is the relation between released JAXP 1.2
[1] and Apache XML Commons. Was JAXP 1.2 developed in apache CVS? Is it
primary place where the JAXP is developed? Has JAXP 1.2 special branch
(or at least tag) in CVS repository? Do you plan to release XML Commons
of JAXP 1.2 (i.e. just interface-release of JAXP)?

*xerces2-j*, *xalan-j*
What is relation between specification and implementation, i.e. commons
vs. xerces and xalan? Do you plan to provide JAXP 1.2 compliant Factory
implementations? Will xerces and xalan releases use same version of JAXP?

Excuse so many questions? In NetBeans we try to use always last stable
release of Xerces and Xalan, so it is necessary both libraries bundle
same version of JAXP.

Thanks for understanding and excuse cross-posting.

Regards,
Libor

[1] <http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr063/index2.html>

BTW: Why there is no link to <http://xml.apache.org/commons/> from top