xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Theodore W. Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: JAXP 1.2
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:44:57 GMT
On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 14:17, neilg@ca.ibm.com wrote:
> Hi Joe, Ted and all,
>
> I know of at least a couple of groups in the Xerces community who run the
> JAXP 1.2 TCK against it periodically.  So we're pretty clear where we stand
> at the moment.  For the record, AFAIK, we're 100% viz. JAXP 1.1 and we've
> got challenges in for all tests we don't currently pass for 1.2.    We
> don't claim to implement 1.2 in our docs yet, so this should be kosher.

If Xerces has 1.2 JAXP issues then we probably need to label any release
that includes that functionality as beta or rc or somesuch.   I think
that the bottom line is going to be that if we claim to implement JAXP,
we (the ASF) are legally obligated to ensure that we pass the TCK.  But
we'll wait for the licensing / jcp folks to verify.

xalan-dev@xml.apache.org                            |